SPIE 2015 Election
SPIE Board of Directors approves slate for the 2015 SPIE election.
The SPIE Board of Directors has approved the following election slate for the Society’s 2015 election, 10 June through 3 August.
SPIE members eligible to vote will select four new directors, a vice president, and a secretary/treasurer. Directors serve three-year terms and officers serve for one year.
• Maryellen Giger, University of Chicago (USA)
• John Greivenkamp, University of Arizona (USA)
See the videos of the SPIE vice president candidates.
• Gary Spiegel, retired, Newport Corp. (USA)
• David Andrews, University of East Anglia (UK)
• Jennifer Barton, University of Arizona (USA)
• Stephen Eglash, Stanford University (USA)
• James Fujimoto, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
• Joseph Howard, NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center (USA)
• Jay Kumler, JENOPTIK Optical Systems, (USA)
• Din Ping Tsai, Academia Sinica (Taiwan)
• Vasudevan (Vengu) Lakshminarayanan, University of Waterloo (Canada)
Other officers, previously elected, are SPIE President-Elect Robert Lieberman of Lumoptix (USA), who will become SPIE president in January 2016, and SPIE Vice President Glenn Boreman of University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Plasmonics Inc. (USA), who becomes president elect next year. SPIE President Toyohiko Yatagai (Japan) will become Immediate Past President.
Election results will be announced at the SPIE annual general meeting in San Diego (USA) 11 August.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at email@example.com.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.