• 1995: HDR Habilitation for Supervising Doctoral Research, development of optical nanoscopy techniques, CEM2 Laboratory, Montpellier II University, France.
• 1987: Ph.D. optical instrumentation and speckle (ESPI) interferometry, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK.
• 1983: M.Sc. in optical metrology, Loughborough.
• 1981: B.Sc. in applied physics (2.1), Loughborough.
• Present: Senior Research Scientist CNRS, ICube Laboratory, Strasbourg, France.
• 1997- 2012: Research Fellow CNRS, InESS and PHASE Laboratories, Strasbourg, France.
• 1987-1997: Research Fellow Royal Society (NATO) and CNRS, CEM2 Laboratory, Montpellier, France.
• Optical nanoscopy: general principles and new techniques for label-free far field imaging.
• Interference microscopy (PSM, CSI, WLSI) for the characterization of surface roughness of materials and biomaterials and high resolution tomography for imaging in transparent and diffuse media.
• 4D microscopy CSI with a high speed camera and FPGA processing for real time 3D characterization of surfaces (aperiodic movement).
• Group leader of Photonics instrumentation and processes (IPP) team (32 people) at the Engineering science, computer science and imaging (ICube) laboratory (600 people) since 2013.
• Participation in 14 research contracts (4 active, 9 as coordinator).
• Training of 16 PhD students, jury member for 17 PhD's and 1 HDR.
• Teaching in optical microscopy and metrology (5th year engineers).
• Training course in scientific communication and research culture since 2002 (doctoral level).
MEMBER of SPIE, Institute of Physics (IoP) and Société Française d'Optique (SFO).
• 70 articles in Int journals, 7 book ch, 2 patents.
• 90 Int confs contributions (11 inv confs).
• 30 invited Int scientific seminars.