- 1994 - 1999: Chemistry Degree at the Parma University (cum laude).
- 2000 - 2003: PhD in Chemical Sciences, at the Parma University, under the supervision of Prof. Anna Painelli. Title of the thesis: Molecular materials with highly delocalized electrons: charge and energy transfer in multiphoton and multiphonon processes.
- January 2003 - March 2004: Research fellow in Parma. Research in the field of supramolecular effects on the spectroscopic properties of organic chromophores for advanced applications. Teaching experience in the courses of Chemical Physics and Molecular Spectroscopy.
- April 2004 - September 2005: Research fellow (European Community, Marie-Curie Intra-European Fellowship) in Rennes 1 University (UMR6510), in the group of Dr. Mireille Blanchard-Desce. Title of the project: SISMA (Supramolecular Interactions in Smart MAterials).
- November 2005 and currently: research staff member and assistant professor in Parma.
- July 2006: invited professor at CNRS-UMR6510, Rennes 1 University (France).
- July 1-15, 2007: invited professor at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (USA).
Molecular functional materials: linear and nonlinear optical properties, effects of intermolecular interactions, charge- and energy-transfer processes.
Development of original interpretative and predictive theoretical models for the description of the properties of chromophores and multichromophores of increasing complexity.
Spectroscopic characterization of molecular and supramolecular systems with tailored properties.
37 publications in main international peer-reviewed journals, 20 publications in peer-reviewed conference proceedings, 3 book chapters; 37 contributions to international conferences, among which 9 oral communications personally presented; 2 invited lectures.