The BiO-scopy Lab is driven to solve current outstanding problems in biomedicine such as cancer and neurodegenerative disease. The in vivo visualization of disease progression and therapeutic monitoring of small animal models is critical for developing therapeutics in clinical medicine. We utilize biomedical optics and in vivo preclinical imaging spanning molecular, cellular, tissue-organ, and whole-body scales towards translational medicine. In particular we create innovative in vivo optical imaging platforms and methodologies. Our approach provides fundamental insights into basic biology and translational medicine.
Available projects in BiO-scopy lab are listed below.
- MOLECULAR IMAGING & SENSING IN VIVO
• Multi-channel fluorescence endoscopy
• Real time monitoring of gene expression in conscious brain with
optical fiber-based light-sensing device
• Cerenkov luminescence imaging for cancer detection
- OPTIMIZED LIGHT CONTROL FOR IN VIVO APPLICATIONS
• Deep tissue light delivery in vivo
• Super resolution microscopy
• Fluorescence imaging based on compressed sensing
- FUNCTIONAL NEUROPHOTONICS
• Optogenetic neuromodulation
• Functional optical imaging of brain
further information can be found in the following website: http://bioscopy.gist.ac.kr