SPIE Nanophotonics Australasia
In Melbourne, Australia, 10-13 December.
Top nanophotonics scientists who are developing new solar cells, better medical devices, and powerful integrated circuits will gather in Melbourne, Australia, 10-13 December for SPIE Nanophotonics Australasia.
The multidisciplinary forum for nanophotonic technologies, materials, and applications will include oral and poster presentations on new developments in photonics at the nanoscale. Nanophotonics materials to be covered include graphene, perovskite, photonic crystals, metamaterials, organic optoelectronic materials, and quantum materials and phenomena.
While conference planning was still underway at SPIE Professional press time, the confirmed plenary session speakers include:
- SPIE Fellow Federico Capasso from Harvard University (USA)
- SPIE Fellow Chennupati Jagadish from the Australian National University (Australia)
- Eli Yablonovich of the University of California, Berkeley (USA)
- SPIE member Benjamin L. Eggleton from the University of Sydney (Australia)
- SPIE member Alexander L. Gaeta of Columbia University (USA)
- SPIE member and SPIE Student Chapter Advisor Yuri Kivshar of Australian National University
Experts from across the globe have also been invited to present their work at a special session on the technologies that will enable the next-generation of organic optoelectronics and photonic materials and devices to help solve environmental and energy problems in society. These technologies include OLEDS and organic PVs, nonlinear polymers, organic sensors, and waveguide materials.
Session chairs will be Xiaotao Hao and SPIE member Feng Chen of Shandong University (China).
SPIE Nanophotonics Australasia will be held at Swinburne University of Technology, home of the conference and symposium chairs. SPIE Fellow Saulius Juodkazis and SPIE member David J. Moss will chair the symposium. SPIE member Baohua Jia and James W. M. Chon are conference chairs.
Learn more about SPIE Nanophotonics Australasia.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at email@example.com.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.