SPIE 2017 Election
SPIE Board of Directors announces slate for 2017 SPIE election.
The SPIE Board of Directors has approved the following election slate for the Society’s 2017 election, which will open 12 June and close 26 July.
SPIE members eligible to vote will select four new directors, a vice president, and a secretary/treasurer. Directors serve three-year terms and officers serve for one year.
- Gary Spiegel, retired, Newport Corp. (USA)
- Michael Fiederle, University of Freiburg (Germany)
- Ken Kaufmann, Hamamatsu (USA)
- Kazuo Kuroda, Utsunomiya University (Japan)
- Chris Mack, Fractilia (USA)
- Anita Mahadevan-Jansen, Vanderbilt University (USA)
- Kristen Maitland, Texas A&M University (USA)
- Siva Sivananthan, University of Illinois at Chicago (USA)
- David Wick, Sandia National Labs (USA)
Other officers, previously elected, are SPIE President-Elect Maryellen Giger of University of Chicago (USA), who will become SPIE president in January 2018, and SPIE Vice President Jim Oschmann of Ball Aerospace & Technologies (USA), who becomes president-elect next year.
SPIE President Glenn Boreman of University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Plasmonics Inc. (USA) will become immediate past president.
SPIE members eligible to vote will receive instructions via email.
Election results will be announced at the SPIE annual general meeting at SPIE Optics + Photonics in San Diego (USA) 8 August.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at email@example.com.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.