SPIE 2016 Election
SPIE Board of Directors approves slate for the 2016 SPIE election.
The SPIE Board of Directors has approved the following election slate for the Society’s 2016 election. Online voting will be held 6 July through 18 August.
SPIE members eligible to vote will select four new directors, a vice president, and a secretary/treasurer. Directors serve three-year terms and officers serve for one year.
The candidates for vice president are:
• Harry Levinson, GLOBALFOUNDRIES (USA)
• Jim Oschmann, Ball Aerospace & Technologies (USA)
The candidate for secretary/treasurer is:
• Gary Spiegel, a consultant and retired Newport executive (USA)
The eight candidates on the ballot for the SPIE Board of Directors are:
• John Gonglewski, US Air Force European Office of Aerospace R&D (UK)
• Wilhelm Kaenders, TOPTICA Photonics (Germany)
• Bernard Kress, Microsoft (USA)
• Burn Lin, National Tsing Hua University (Taiwan)
• David Sampson, University of Western Australia
• Joanna Schmit, 4D Technology (USA)
• Christina Willis, Fibertek (USA)
• Andrew Wood, Qioptiq (UK)
Other SPIE officers with terms beginning 1 January 2017 were previously elected: SPIE President-Elect Glenn Boreman of University of North Carolina at Charlotte and Plasmonics Inc. (USA) will become SPIE president, and SPIE Vice President Maryellen Giger of University of Chicago (USA) becomes president- elect next year.
|SPIE President Robert Lieberman of Lumoptix (USA) (right) will become immediate past president. He will announce election results at the SPIE annual general meeting in San Diego (USA) 30 August, during SPIE Optics + Photonics.|
More information on the vice-president candidates will be in the July issue of the SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.