IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging
Electronic Imaging symposium will be 8–12 February.
The IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging symposium will be held at the Hilton San Francisco, Union Square, 8–12 February. It will feature 21 technical conferences covering all aspects of electronic imaging, including image sensing, 3D displays and processing, computational and digital photography, augmented and virtual reality, color imaging and perception, image and video compression, mobile imaging, media security and forensics, and computer vision.
Alexei (Alyosha) Efros of University of California, Berkeley (USA) will give a plenary talk on “Analyzing Social Interactions through Behavioral Imaging.”
In a second plenary session, James M. Rehg of Georgia Institute of Technology (USA) will discuss “What Makes Big Visual Data Hard?”
IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging will also feature:
- 21 technical conferences covering aspects of electronic imaging, from image sensing to display and hardcopy
- 16 Short courses taught by experts from academia and industry
- An industry exhibition and employment marketplace
- A 3D theatre session screening the latest 3D films
- An interactive demonstration session of hardware, software, display, and research products
Attendees of Electronic Imaging are invited to the SPIE Photonics West exhibition, which will be held at the nearby Moscone Center during the same week.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.