SPIE 2014 Election
SPIE Board of Directors approves slate for 2014 SPIE election.
The SPIE Board of Directors has approved the following election slate for the Society’s 2014 election. SPIE members will select four new directors and vote on candidates for vice president and secretary/treasurer. The election will be conducted by electronic voting 6 June through 6 August.
SPIE.TV's videotaped statements from the vice-president candidates are available online for voting SPIE members.
The candidate for secretary/treasurer is Gary Spiegel, Newport Corp. (USA).
SPIE directors serve three-year terms and officers serve for one year.
For director, the candidates are:
• Julie Bentley, University of Rochester (USA)
• Marc Himel, Jenoptik Optical Systems (USA)
• Brian Lula, PI (Physik Instrumente) (USA)
• Kristen Maitland, Texas A&M University (USA)
• Craig Olson, L-3 Communications (USA)
• Wolfgang Osten, Institut für Technische Optik (Germany)
• Andrew Rakich, European Southern Observatory (Germany)
• Richard Youngworth, Riyo (USA)
Other officers, previously elected, are SPIE President-Elect Toyohiko Yatagai (Japan), who will become SPIE president in January 2015, and SPIE Vice President Robert Lieberman of Intelligent Optical Systems (USA), who becomes president elect next year. H. Philip Stahl will become Immediate Past President.
Election results will be announced at the SPIE annual general meeting in San Diego (USA) 19 August.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at email@example.com.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.