SPIE Student Membership is your gateway to the optics industry. Joining the society provides access to resources that will make a difference in your career.
Benefits of Student Membership
- Complimentary SPIE online course, choose from:
- Subscription to one of the following SPIE online journals:
- Subscription to SPIE Professional, the quarterly Membership magazine
- E-Newsletters that keep you up-to-date on Student and Member activities
- Reduced registration fees at SPIE conferences
- Eligible for travel assistance to attend SPIE events
- Receive 60% off all conference educational courses
- Networking events at SPIE conferences designed for students
- Eligibility for SPIE Scholarships: Over $295,000 in scholarships awarded annually
- Access to the SPIE Career Center and job fairs at SPIE meetings
- Digital Library subscriptions for $95 (regularly $145 for members)
- Free professional development webcasts
- Contact Customer Service for a detailed listing of your history with SPIE.
Joining SPIE is easy through our web form, or you can download an Adobe Acrobat file (available in 6 languages) and submit it to SPIE via e-mail or FAX. Join now.
More Resources, More Connections
Joining a Student Chapter makes you a part of a dynamic international network of students working in optics and photonics programs.
SPIE defines a student as someone engaged in full-time studies, who has not yet attained their terminal degree. Post-Docs are not eligible for student membership and discounts.
Pre-College Students, you are eligible for a complimentary Membership in SPIE. Pre-College Memberships do not include a journal subscription. You must complete this Pre-College Membership Application PDF and return it to SPIE via email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (+1 360 647 1445), or postal mail. You may not use the web interface to take advantage of this offer. If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Ready for the benefits of individual SPIE membership?
Already a member? Get access to member-only content.
These articles are available only to SPIE Members as a valuable resource.
Icon denotes member-only content.