What was the most difficult step you've taken in your career? What was the easiest? Who or what has had the most influence on your career success in optics and photonics?
SPIE Professional invites you to share the steps along your career path with other SPIE members in the quarterly member magazine. What are the steps you took during or after college that allowed you to thrive as an optics or photonics professional?
If you have an interest in sharing your career progression and knowledge with others and being featured in the new Career Stepping Stones series, download the eight brief career questions in PDF format or print them out below. Your answers will be used to construct brief career profiles for the online and/or print versions of SPIE Professional.
Return your answers to the questions in whatever format is convenient:
- SPIE Professional Magazine
PO Box 10
Bellingham WA 98227
- Fax to Attention of SPIE Professional Magazine: 360-647-1445
Career Stepping Stones
Age or Career Point:
Job Title and Organization:
- What Innovations Currently Occurring at Your Organization Or in Your Field Are Likely to Affect You/Your Career Most Directly?
- Who (or What) Has Had the Most Impact or Influence on Your Career Success?
- Most Successful Career Step Since Your Initial Training and Education:
- Most Difficult Career Step or Decision:
- Easiest Step in Your Career:
- Steps You Take to Keep on Top of Developments in the Field and the Competition:
- Steps You Recommend Before Taking a Career Risk:
- What's the Next Step in Your Career?