- Browse the conference topics to see list of online conferences under each area, or view the Call PDF.
- Select ONE conference that most closely matches the topics of your abstract, and make a note of that conference number. You may submit more than one post-deadline abstract, but submit each abstract only once.
- Sign in to the Post-Deadline Submission Portal
- When prompted, include the number of the conference to which you want to submit, e.g., BO100 or 10020.
What you will need to submit
- Author(s) information
- 500-word abstract for technical review
- 300-word summary for the programme
- Keywords used in search for your paper (optional)
- Your decision on publishing your presentation recording to the SPIE Digital Library
- Some conferences may indicate additional requirements in the Call for Papers
Note: Only original material should be submitted. Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers with proprietary restrictions will not be accepted for presentation.
Presenting authors, including keynote, invited, oral, and poster presenters, agree to the following conditions by submitting an abstract:
- Register and pay the author registration fee
- Attend the meeting
- Present at the scheduled time
- Publish a 4-page minimum in Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library.
- Obtain funding for registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations
- Ensure that all clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor in the USA, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- Ensure that you obtain a visa in time, if you need to do so. Visa Application Information and Invitation Requests.
Review and programme placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all submissions will be assessed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content.
- Conference Chairs/Editors reserve the right to reject for presentation any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to Chairs discretion.
Publication of Proceedings in the SPIE Digital Library
- Conference Chairs/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication and reserve the right to reject for publication any paper that does not meet acceptable standards for a scientific publication.
- Conference Chair/Editor decisions on whether to allow publication of a manuscript are final.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published in the conference Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library.
- Oral presentations are recorded, and presentation slides are synced with the presenter's audio. Only those presentations with author permission will be published in the SPIE Digital Library.
- SPIE partners with relevant scientific databases to enable researchers to find the papers in the Proceedings of SPIE easily. The databases that abstract and index these papers include Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Ei Compendex, CrossRef, Google Scholar, Inspec, Scopus, and Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
- More publication information available on the SPIE Digital Library.
For questions about your presentation, submitting an abstract post-deadline, or the meeting, contact your Conference Programme Coordinator.
For questions about your manuscript, contact your Proceedings Coordinator. (listed in your SPIE.org account)