Share Email Print

Proceedings Paper

Target Screener/Flir System
Author(s): M. Geokezas; R . Jennewine
Format Member Price Non-Member Price
PDF $17.00 $21.00

Paper Abstract

The Target Screener/FLIR System and its performance are discussed in this paper. The Autoscreener (Augmented Target Screener Subsystem, ATSS*) was designed and built by Honeywell for the Air Force in 1974. This system operated on imagery data from an AAS-27 sensor. detected man-made objects (MMOs), and cued the operator by displaying a symbol at each sector area containing MMOs. It achieved 92 percent probability of detection of MMOs and less than 3 percent probability of false alarm. The Autoscreener was modified to accept FUR imagery and its feasibility in detecting MMOs and cueing the FLIR operator was evaluated. The Autoscreener/FLIR system performance was evaluated. The system achieved 95 percent probability of detection with 5 percent probability of false alarm.

Paper Details

Date Published: 8 August 1977
PDF: 8 pages
Proc. SPIE 0101, Airborne Reconnaissance: Tactical/Real Time II, (8 August 1977); doi: 10.1117/12.955381
Show Author Affiliations
M. Geokezas, Honeywell, Inc. (United States)
R . Jennewine, AFAL, WPAFB (United States)

Published in SPIE Proceedings Vol. 0101:
Airborne Reconnaissance: Tactical/Real Time II
Theodore Freitag; Edgar Frasher, Editor(s)

© SPIE. Terms of Use
Back to Top
Sign in to read the full article
Create a free SPIE account to get access to
premium articles and original research
Forgot your username?