25-29 August 2013
San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California (USA)
SPIE Optics and Photonics is the largest interdisciplinary technical conference in North America focused on research and technologies in solar, nano, optics, photonics, and space optics, and draws scientists, researchers, and engineers from around the world.
Last year's event drew nearly 4,300 total registered attendees to benefit from a rich interdisciplinary exchange of research and development.
Among their comments:
"We have known SPIE for a long time and came to Optics + Photonics because we are ready to expand into areas beyond semiconductors," said Horst Groneberg of Checkpoint Technologies. "We are here because we want to be in front of people who build things. In addition to finding new customers we are looking to create new relationships with other exhibitors who will become our suppliers."
- Technical sessions 25-29 August: 3,200+ papers in 4 symposia
- 2 symposium-wide plenary talks
- "DE-STAR: a planetary defense and exploration system": Philip Lubin (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- "Are we alone? Stories from the frontline of Kepler's search for Earth's twin": Jon Jenkins (SETI Institute/NASA Ames Research Center)
- 39 professional development courses and workshops (CEUs and CMEs available). New courses include:
- Useful Lens Design Methods
- Introduction to Electro-Optical Systems Design
- Fundamentals and Applications of Spectroscopic Ellipsometry
- The Proper Care of Optics.
- Exhibition 27-29 August
- More than 200 exhibiting companies
- "Photonics for a Better World" Pavilion
- SPIE Job Fair
- SPIE Student Chapter Exhibits
- Student activities
- SPIE Student Chapter Leadership Workshop
- Optics Outreach Olympics
- Lunch with the Experts.
2,800+ talks! View a list of recommended papers (PDF 488 KB)
Conference registration fees may be waived for members of the working press who wish to attend to cover an SPIE event. See the Press Coverage of Events page for rules of registration.
Daily reports from the event
Follow event activities during the meeting in daily reports from on-site. (For a preview, see the SPIE Optics + Photonics 2012 report.)
Schedule your week
Download the SPIE Conference mobile app for iPhone or Android devices to search events and schedule your time.
Join the conversation on Twitter: #OpticsPhotonics