Baltimore (Maryland, USA) Convention Center
29 April-3 May 2013
SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing, the world's largest unclassified event for defense, security, industrial applications, and the environment, relocated to Baltimore Inner Harbor in 2012 to provide closer connections with key funders and decision-makers in the defense industry, and the event in 2013 will be bigger than ever.
Arati Prabhakar, director of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), will give this year's symposium-wide plenary talk.
Among other highlights of the week are:
- Three-day exhibition 30 April-2 May, with 500+ exhibiting companies
- More than 55 short courses and professional development workshops
- 2,325 technical presentations, in conference tracks on topics including:
- IR sensors and systems
- defense, homeland security, and law enforcement
- imaging and sensing
- sensing for industry, environment, and health
- emerging technologies
- laser sensors and systems
- displays for innovative applications
- space technologies and operations
- unmanned, robotic, and layered systems
- sensor data and information exploitation
- signal, image, and neural net processing
- information systems and networks: processing, fusion, and knowledge generation
- New conferences on:
- Emerging Theory, Analysis, and Design for Optical Space Communications
- Flexible Electronics
- Next-Generation Analyst
Conference registration fees may be waived for members of the working press who wish to attend to cover an SPIE event. See the Press Coverage of Events page for rules of registration.
View the pre-registrated press list (PDF 183 kB).