Canon U.S.A. recently launched sales of the new FPA-3030i5+ i-line stepper. The FPA-3030i5+ is designed to provide a long-term manufacturing solution for manufacturers of energy-efficient, environmentally conscious devices, including Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs), MicroElectroMechanical Systems (MEMS) and power semiconductors.
As awareness of clean energy and energy conservation continues to increase, demand has simultaneously increased for new environmentally conscious technologies including wind and solar power, high-efficiency vehicles and low-power facilities. As a result, manufacturers of these devices have unique process requirements that have been incorporated into the FPA-3030i5+ semiconductor stepper design that, along with optional equipment available to be purchased separately, will help facilitate these process requirements.
Canon FPA-3030i5+ stepper feature summary
1. FPA-3030i5+ imaging system provides 0.35mm resolution with a flexible optical system and lens
- FPA-3030i5+ lens and optical system specifications equal FPA-3000 platform specifications.
- Variable Lens NA (0.45-0.63) and illumination Sigma (σ, 0.3-0.7 @ NA0.63) allows control of resolution and depth of focus.
- The FPA-3030i5+ optical system supports Off-Axis Illumination and provides imaging resolution requested by manufacturers of energy efficient devices.
2. FPA-3030i5+ platform enhancements help provide alignment accuracy and reliability
- FPA-3030i5+ is equipped with field-proven stage drive and damper control systems to provide high stability and reliability.
- Wafer stage position is controlled by Laser Interferometer System and wafer alignment scope.
- FPA-3030i5+ is capable of overlay accuracy less than or equal to 40nm to support production of highly efficient devices.
3. FPA-3030i5+ platform supports optional equipment designed to process special environmentally conscious device substrates
- With the purchase of the optional special-substrate handling system, the FPA-3030i5+ supports special substrates widely used in manufacturing of environmentally conscious devices, including silicon (Si), sapphire (Al2O3) and gallium arsenide (GaAs).
- With the purchase of the optional warped wafer handling system the FPA-3030i5+ supports processing of wafers warped and distorted by earlier process steps.
- FPA-3030i5+ supports overlay correction for random wafer distortion effects.
- With the purchase of the optional Multi-Size Wafer Kits, the FPA-3030i5+ can process multiple wafer sizes (75mm & 100mm; 100mm & 150mm; 150mm & 200mm) without additional configuration change.
4. FPA-3030i5+ platform electrical control system and software are modernized to help support future semiconductor manufacturing
- FPA-3030i5+ adopts systems developed for the "FPA-5500 platform" steppers. FPA-5500 steppers are widely accepted as a leading exposure system for high-volume memory devices*7, image sensors*8 and advanced packaging applications.
- The new FPA-3030i5+ e-Console software structure allows compatibility and migration of process and exposure conditions from earlier FPA-3000 platform systems