Follow these instructions to develop a successful abstract, presentation, and paper, for presentation at the conference and publication in the Proceedings of SPIE and the SPIE Digital Library.
1. Submit an Abstract
Abstract Due Date: 20 December 2012
- Read the Conference Call for Papers and Submission Guidelines
- Select one conference that most closely matches the topics in your abstract (do not submit the same abstract to multiple conferences)
- Click "Submit an abstract" from within the conference you've chosen, and you'll be prompted to sign in to SPIE.org to complete the submission wizard.
Click here for sample 2-page submission template (A4)
Click here for sample 2-page submission template (Letter)
An official notification will be sent by email to the contact author of accepted presentations by 18 January, 2013.
Questions about your submission? Contact Megan Artz, the SeTBio Conference Programs Coordinator.
2. Prepare to Present at the Conference
Presentation Questions? Contact Megan Artz
Present a Better Paper. Take one of these new online courses from SPIE:
3. Prepare and Submit Your Manuscript
Manuscript Questions? View SPIE Contacts
Benefits of publishing with SPIE
- Publication of your manuscript on SPIE Digital Library offers worldwide access within 2 to 4 weeks after the meeting
- With over 300,000 papers covering 1990 to the present, SPIE Digital Library is the world's largest collection of research papers in optics and photonics
- Proceedings of SPIE are among the most cited references in the patent literature
- SPIE partners with relevant scientific databases to enable researchers to find the papers in the Proceedings of SPIE easily. The databases that abstract and index these papers include Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Chemical Abstracts (relevant content), Compendex, CrossRef, Current Contents, DeepDyve, Google Scholar, Inspec, Portico, Scopus, SPIN, and Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
- Articles and citations are linked via CrossRef
- Publish your manuscript with attached multimedia files in SPIE Digital Library
- After publication in Proceedings of SPIE, expand and revise your paper and submit it to one of SPIE's peer-reviewed journals (http://spie.org/journals).