On this page:
Join us in Incheon, Republic of Korea for the first SPIE Nanosystems in Engineering and Medicine.
The meeting will be held at:
Incheon Korea 406-741
Songdo Convensia is a high-technology, green convention center, certified LEED - an international environment-friendly standard established by U.S. Green Building Council.
Incheon is a major port city and serves as a transportation hub by air and sea. It is home of Incheon International Airport, Korea's main international airport. The city is linked by a subway system to Seoul and is considered part of the greater Seoul metropolitan area.
The Republic of Korea (South Korea or ROK) is a highly developed, stable, democratic republic with powers shared between the president and the legislature. It has a modern economy, and tourist facilities are widely available. English is rarely spoken outside the main tourist and business centers.
The official language of the conference presentations is English.
Onsite Registration Hours
- Monday - 07:30 to 18:00
- Tuesday - 08:00 to 17:00
- Wednesday - 08:00 to 16:00
SPIE Registration Desk can assist with registration payments, receipts, and badge corrections.
- Registration Payments - If you are paying by cash or check as part of your onsite registration or have questions regarding your registration, please visit the Registration Desk.
- Receipts - Preregistered attendees who did not receive a receipt prior to the meeting may obtain a new copy of their registration receipt onsite at the Registration Desk.
- Badge Corrections - Attendees who need a correction to their badge information onsite may do so at the Registration Desk. Please have your badge removed from the badge holder, marked with your changes, and ready to hand to the attendant upon approaching the counter.
- Monday - 10:00 to 17:00
- Tuesday - 10:00 to 17:00
- Wednesday - 10:00 to 17:00
Several hotels are within walking distance of the convention center including:
Sheraton Incheon Hotel
Best Western Premier Songdo Park Hotel
BENIKEA Premier Songdo Bridge Hotel
Incheon is home to Incheon International Airport, Korea's main international airport. The airport is located approximately 10 minutes from the convention center over the newly constructed Incheon Bridge.
Incheon's local currency is the South Korean Won (KRW).
With its proximity to the water, the region offers a temperate climate which remains enjoyable all year. The weather in September can be expected to be mild offering little rain and an average daily temperature around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Visa Process and Letters of Invitation
If government and/or company clearance is required to present and publish your presentation, start the process now to ensure that you receive clearance if your paper is accepted.
Back to top