Welcome to the SPIE Chair Review System
The Chair Review System is comprised of two main page, "View by Reviewers" and "View by Papers."
Here is a list of what is included on the "View by Reviewers" page and the tasks you can complete from this page:
- The "View by Reviewers" page includes all of your main review tasks, information, and navigation for the Review System
- The "View by Papers" page includes a summary of review comments, ratings and recommendations for individual papers.
- "View all" shows Reviewers for your conference and how many reviews are assigned to them out of the total number of papers submitted (Click on a name to get a list assigned to a specific Reviewer)
- Conferences may be set up to assign individual papers to Reviewers
- SPIE staff can easily "assign all papers to all Reviewers"
- Chairs and Co-Chairs are automatically given access to all papers
- Conference Title
- Papers can be filtered by review status (pending, accepted, rejected), or by invited papers
- This title displays which list you are viewing, in this case, "All Papers-Summary"
- Papers that have Reviewers assigned to them appear in this list
- This area displays how many papers have received your final decision and how many are left to finish
- You may "select all" of the papers to view, or a subset by checking the individual boxes
- The dropdown includes all of the actions that can be performed on the papers you have selected:
- View Details (for a selected list of papers)
- Assign Reviewers
- Add Review Ratings and Comments
- Make Final Decisions by Paper and Email Review Comments
- Edit Final Decisions by Group (of papers)
- Email the review assignments to the Reviewers
- Click on a paper title in the "All Papers-Summary" list to:
"View by Papers" page
This page includes the detailed summary review information for each papers. From this page you can view:
- The numbers following the paper titles (for example, 0 of 4) show how many reviews have been completed out of the number of reviewers assigned to each paper.
- Click on a paper title in the list to view the Reviewers assigned to that paper.
- To unassign a review from a Reviewer, select the checkbox for the Reviewer and click "Unassign."
View (paper) details and the attached file
Add review comments, ratings, and a recommendation
View all comments made by the Reviewers
Add your final decision of whether to accept, reject, or request a revision