Apply now for your Visa!
To determine whether or not you require a visa to visit the Federal Republic of Germany, please visit the Germany's Federal Foreign Office website, following their "Visa Regulations" links applicable to your visitor status, you will find explanations as to the category of visa and ways to obtain them.
Letters of Invitation
FOR CONFERENCE CHAIRS, TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS, AND AUTHORS: Individuals requiring letters of invitation to obtain travel visas must be listed on a paper or in the programme to receive an invitation letter. If you are listed in the conference programme, and are in need of an Official Invitation Letter from SPIE for visa application purposes, please fill out and send the Invitation Letter Request Form.
FOR EXHIBITORS: If you are an exhibitor requiring a letter of invitation from SPIE to obtain a travel visa to participate in the Exhibition, please fill out and send the Exhibitor Invitation Letter Request Form.
- Please fill out a separate form for each person requesting a letter.
- Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
- Send electronically to email address on form or fax completed form to SPIE at 1-360-647-1445.
- All letters of invitation will be sent by mail and by email (as a PDF attachment) unless a courier account number or credit card number with expiration date is provided with the original request.
- Please allow up to 15 business days to process your request.
- SPIE is unable to contact Embassies in support of an individual attempting to gain entry to attend an SPIE meeting.
NOTE: We recommend that you secure your travel visa before registering for the conference as cancellations after the preregistration cutoff may result in a cancellation fee.