Munich, "the city with a heart," is the capital of Bavaria, and has established itself as Germany's high-tech hub (Silicon Bavaria) and is one of the most important industrial and economic centers in the European community. It boasts of such hi-tech corporations as BMW and Daimler-Chrysler Aerospace. In addition to being the country's leading university center and hub for insurance, banking, electronic, and mechanical engineering, Munich offers its visitors shopping, music, art, gourmet restaurants, beer gardens, outdoor cafes, ethnic restaurants, popular night-spots, grand cathedrals and opulent palaces. For more information on Munich and the surrounding area, please refer to the offical website for the city of Munich
Offical website for the city of Munich Public Transportation
At Munich Central Station take the underground U2. The journey to the trade fair grounds takes about 17 minutes, for more information visit the Wold of Photonics public transport page
At Munich Airport, you'll enjoy excellent national, inter-European and international flights. With approximately 10 million passengers a year, the airport is ranked number one in Germany. Its 106 airlines, 73 direct flights and 244 destinations make Munich an attractive destination.
Find all current flight routes along with detailed information about the Munich Airport here: Munich Airport
Transportation from the Airport
The Franz Josef Strauss Airport (MUC) is located 17 miles (27 km) northeast of the center of Munich.
Cross-Country Bus Transport
National cross-country bus services have started up in Germany since 2013. For more information on routes and tariffs, visit www.FlixBus.com.
Shuttles, Public Transportation & How to reach the Internationales Congress Center Munich
At Munich Central Station take the underground U2. The journey to the trade fair grounds takes about 17 minutes.
World of Photonics 2015 public transport page
Driving Directions and Parking
World of Photonics 2015 arriving by car page
MEET WITH SUCCESS THE HERTZ WAY
HERTZ CAR RENTAL CHECKLIST
- Call the Hertz International Reservation Center at 1-800-654-3001 in the USA or your local Hertz Reservations Center to receive a special discount for SPIE. Reservations may also be placed on-line at www.hertz.com. You will receive 15% off qualifying affordable rates at participating locations in Munich, Germany.
- Be sure to identify yourself as a SPIE attendee. The PC# below must be on your advance reservation to receive this special offer. You must present this coupon at the time of rental in order to receive this discount.
- This special offer is available for rentals from June 15-30, 2015.
ECBO LASER Munich
Qualifying Affordable Rates
Important Rental Information
- The SPIE discount is available at participating locations in Munich, GE.
- The 15% Discount applies to rentals on Affordable Rates from June 15-30, 2015.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to vehicle pickup, using the PC# on the coupon. No CDP discounts apply.
- Minimum rental period is 3 days.
- Offer includes Compact and above both manuals and automatic (includes basic/standard cars - not vans, premium, luxury, collections, etc.).
- Discount does not apply to taxes, intercity drop charges, insurance or optional services.
- Certificate has no cash value and may not be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion. Certificate must be presented and surrendered at time of rental.
- Normal intercity rules and rate restrictions apply.
- Minimum rental age is 25 (exceptions apply). Hertz standard driver and credit qualifications for the rental location apply. Blackout periods may apply.