The Dow Chemical Company announced the availability of CALIBRE™ 302V-6 LD extrusion grade polycarbonate (PC) Resin, the premier PC offering from Dow for extruded sheet used in the LED signage and lighting marketplace. Developed with Dow's proprietary diffusion aid technology, the new resin will allow customers to utilize PC more efficiently in LED back-lit sign face and channel letter market applications.
CALIBRE 302V-6 LD Resin is Dow's initial offering of light-diffusing PC resins and builds upon Dow's line of PC and compounds and blends products that already provide solutions for a number of lighting technology applications. The technical service team at Dow has developed modeling capabilities to be able to quickly formulate resins to meet specific customer performance characteristics for each application. The excellent light-diffusing characteristics, combined with the inherent toughness of PC, offers customers the opportunity to use thinner PC sheet as an alternate to thicker light-diffusing acrylic sheet.
Key characteristics of the new CALIBRE 302V-6 LD Polycarbonate Resin include:
- Excellent light diffusion, providing brightness uniformity and the elimination of "hot spots" from the LED light source
- Excellent light transmission to improve lighting efficiency
- Bright white color in reflected light
- Need for additional diffusion films eliminated
- UL V-2 rated down to 1.5 mm