1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register at the reduced author registration rate, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled (Current SPIE Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee).
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting will obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts.
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- Accepted abstracts may be published with the printed Technical Program or on a CD-ROM for distribution at the meeting. Please submit only text abstracts that are suitable for publication and no longer than three pages in length.
- Accepted 35-word text abstracts may be published in the Advance Technical Program.
- The three-page supplemental file may be published in the Technical Digest to be distributed at the meeting.
- A full-length manuscript (8-12 pages) for any accepted oral or poster presentation will be submitted for publication in the SPIE Digital Library, printed conference Proceedings, and CD-ROM.
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready.
- Prepare your 35-word abstract for publication in the Technical Program.
- Prepare your three-page extended summary. See submission guidelines for formatting instructions.
- Only original material should be submitted.
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
- Review the topical categories in the Call for Papers.
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
3. Submit your abstract online:
- Return to the conference and click the "Submit an abstract" link.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the MySPIE system and follow the submission wizard. If you have a MySPIE account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of MySPIE can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link".
- Do not submit the same abstract to multiple conferences.
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and Proceedings manuscripts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation or publish a manuscript is final.
- The contact author will be notified of abstract acceptance and sent manuscript instructions by e-mail no later than 11 January 2010.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion. See guidelines for oral presentations and poster presentations.
Post Deadline Submissions
A limited number of post deadline submissions will be included in the program.
- Post deadline submissions accepted from 15 March to 5 April 2010.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance no later than 19 April 2010.
- Authors should follow the instructions above and will be expected to meet the requirements of early submissions.
Proceedings of SPIE and SPIE Digital Library
- Full-manuscripts will be Chair/Editor-reviewed and published in the Proceedings of SPIE and in SPIE Digital Library.
- Manuscript instructions will be e-mailed to the contact author and are also available from the "Author/Presenter Information" link on the conference website.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published in the conference Proceedings and SPIE Digital Library.
- Published papers are indexed in numerous databases including INSPEC, Ei Compendex, Scopus, Chemical Abstracts, SPIN, International Aerospace Abstracts, ISI Index to Scientific and Technical Proceedings, and the Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysical Data System Abstract Service (ADS), and are searchable in the SPIE Digital Library. Full manuscripts are available to SPIE Digital Library subscribers.