On this page you will find:
SPIE Photonics West Symposium will be held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, 150 West San Carlos, San Jose, CA 95113 USA.
- Internet Pavilion
SPIE will have a complimentary Internet Pavilion at the Convention Center on Saturday through Thursday and one in South Hall on Tuesday through Thursday where attendees can use provided workstations or hook up their laptop to an Ethernet connection to access the Internet.
- Complimentary Internet Wireless Access
SPIE is pleased to provide complimentary wireless access to the Internet for all conference attendees bringing 802.11b wireless-enabled laptops or PDAs. Coverage locations and connection settings will be posted on-site. Properly secure your computer before accessing the public wireless network. Failure to do so may allow unauthorized access to your laptop as well as potentially introduce viruses to your computer and/or presentation.
- SPIE Copy Center
Saturday through Thursday during registration hours San Diego Copy will provide a copy service during the week for symposium attendees. The rates are 5 cents per copy. The Copy Center is located near registration.
Back to top
SPIE cashier can assist with registration payments, receipts, and badge corrections.
- Registration Payments - If you are paying by cash or check as part of your onsite registration, wish to add a short course, workshop, or special event requiring payment, or have questions regarding your registration please see the onsite cashier at the Cashier station in the registration area.
- Receipts - Preregistered attendees who did not receive a receipt prior to the meeting may obtain a new copy of their registration receipt onsite at the Badge Corrections and Receipts counter in the registration area.
- Badge Corrections - Attendees who need a correction to their badge information onsite may do so at the Badge Corrections and Receipts counter in the registration area. Please have your badge removed from the badge holder, marked with your changes, and ready to hand to the attendant upon approaching the counter.
Back to top
The SPIE Message Center telephone number is 408-271-6000 Messages will be taken during registration hours Saturday through Thursday. Please check the message board at the message center near SPIE registration daily to receive your messages.
Speaker Check In Desk
San Jose Convention Center, Concourse 1
Saturday through Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
Course Materials Desk
- All Conference rooms will have a computer workstation, LCD projector, screen, lapel microphone, and laser pointer.
- All presenters are requested to come to the Speaker Check-in Desk to confirm display settings of their presentations from their memory devices or laptops with the audiovisual equipment being used at this symposium.
Located near the SPIE Registration Area
Open during Registration hours
- If you have registered to attend a course, please stop by the Course Materials Desk AFTER you pick up your badge
- You must obtain your course notes to find out class location.
- Ask at the Course Material Desk about the latest Education Services catalog (includes all SPIE courses, videos, and CD-ROM's) as well as customized in-company courses.
Back to top
Marketplace + Souvenirs
Located in the Convention Center, Street Level Arcade
The SPIE Marketplace is your source for the latest SPIE Press books, Proceedings, and Educational and Professional Development materials. You can become a member of SPIE, explore the Digital Library, and take home a souvenir.
Luggage + Coat Check
Luggage/Package Storage and Coat Check CC - Street Level Arcade Saturday through Thursday
- Complimentary luggage/package and coat storage available to all attendees.
- Please note hours of operation posted onsite.
- If you intend to stay later than closing time, you will need to claim your checked items before it closes.
Back to top
Child Care Services
Child sitting services available in San Jose:
- Bay Area 2nd MOM Inc., Hotel Nanny Service, Toll Free Phone: 1-888-926-3666, or (650) 858-2469, ext. 109. Fax: (650) 493-6598, Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.2ndmom.com
- Sitters Unlimited: Toll Free Phone: (408) 452-0225, E-mail: email@example.com or www.bayareasittersunlimited.com
- Note: SPIE does not imply an endorsement or recommendation of these services. They are provided on an "information-only" basis for your further analysis and decision. Other services may be available.
SPIEWorks, the SPIE job site, is uniquely positioned to serve you. SPIEWorks was developed to serve the career needs of optics, photonics and imaging professionals. This website provides job seekers with: job listings by region, technology, and keywords, email alerts, and research resources such as the Technical Library and company listings. Employers may post jobs and gain access to a resume database, create a Resume Alert, and participate in career fairs (events tightly integrated with major SPIE conferences). For all you employment and recruiting needs SPIEWorks is here to serve you. For further information visit us at www.spieworks.com. Contact our sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 715-3705.
Industry Resources Booth
The SPIE Industry Resources Booth provides the tools you need to move ideas and technology to the market. Visit the booth for information on events, marketing opportunities, education, and training that SPIE can provide you to make your venture a success. Books from SPIE Publications will be available for purchase.
Guest Hospitality Suite
Guests of attendees are invited to meet, relax, and enjoy a cup of coffee and breakfast breads in SPIE's Guest Hospitality Room. The hotel concierge will be available during a portion of this time to answer travel, shopping, and tourist questions. This hospitality room is sponsored by SPIE.
Press + Media Center
The on-site Press and Media Center provides press conference facilities, refreshments, and convenient one-stop-shopping for press releases. Credentialed media are invited to communicate news via the provided telephone, and high-speed internet connections. Registration and exhibition fees are waived for working journalists and editors. You are encouraged to pre-register by e-mailing: name, organization, title, address, e-mail, and phone number to email@example.com. For more information about SPIE media services, visit Resources for Media.
Back to Top