BaySpec, Inc. has introduced a 3rd generation handheld Raman system engine based on its ruggedized Volume Phase Gratings (VPGTM), named after the "Tricorder." Debuting at SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing, the TRicorder-0TM measures 110x190x54mm3, weighing a mere 2 lbs.
The TRicorder features no moving parts, high efficiency Volume Phase Gratings (VPGs), narrowband fiber laser, sensitive ATR probe interface, low power consumption battery operation, and an easy-to-use PC tablet PC interface. Additionally, the TRicorder-0TM features Bluetooth interface for output to a Smart Phone or PC of choice.
BaySpec's 3rd Generation TRicorders delivers highly repeatable results in a sleek handheld battery-operated package. High reliability (MIL STD 810F shock and vibration) is achieved through a rugged mechanical design with no moving parts based on Volume Phase Gratings (VPG®) - the same components used in today's head-up fighter jet displays. Periodic calibration is not required. A convenient Windows®-based Handheld PC is included for ease of use and familiarity. There are two versions of the TRicorder: TRicorder-1TM is a high performance model, while the TRicorder-0TM is a basic model.
- Can identify both commonplace and rare chemicals through glass, plastic, transparent - and even translucent - materials
- Ergonomic and light-weight
- Single-handed or wireless hands-free analysis
- Can accurately identify chemicals in mixtures with low concentrations
- Easy to use "Spec 20/20" GUI software available for external PC
- Pre-calibrated for life to ensure operational accuracy
- Non-destructive testing preserves samples for additional tests and/or as evidence