On this page you will find:
- Refund Policy
- Audio, Video, Digital Recording Policy
- Laser Pointer Safety
- Unauthorized Solicitation
- Unsecured Items Policy
There is a $40 service charge for processing refunds. Requests for registration or conference dinner refunds must be received no later than 17 June 2010 to be honored. All registration fees will be forfeit after this date. Membership dues are not refundable. SPIE Digital Library subscriptions are not refundable.
Audio, Video, Digital Recording Policy
In the Meeting Rooms and Poster Sessions: For copyright reasons, recordings of any kind are strictly prohibited without prior written consent of the presenter in any conference session, short course or of posters presented. Each presenter being taped must file a signed written consent form. Individuals not complying with this policy will be asked to leave a given session and asked to surrender their film or recording media. Consent forms are available at the SPIE Registration Desk.
Laser Pointer Safety Information
SPIE supplies tested and safety approved laser pointers for all conference meeting rooms, and for short course rooms if instructors request one. For safety reasons, SPIE requests that presenters use our provided laser pointers available in each meeting room.
If using your personal laser pointer:
• Please have it tested at your facility to make sure it has <5 mW power output. Laser pointers in Class II and IIIa (<5 mW) are eye safe if power output is correct - but don't automatically trust the labeling. Commercially available laser pointers, red or green (or any color), could be incorrectly labeled as to their wavelength and power output.
• We require that you to come to the Audiovisual Desk onsite and test you pointer on our power meter. If the pointer fails the safe power level you may not use the pointer at the conference. You will be required to sign a waiver releasing SPIE of any liability for use of potentially non-safe laser pointers.
• Use of a personal laser pointer at an SPIE event represents user's acceptance of liability for use of a non-SPIE supplied laser pointer device. Misuse of any laser pointer could lead to eye damage. In California, it is a criminal misdemeanor to shine a laser pointer at individuals "who perceive they are at risk."
Underage Persons on Exhibition Floor
For safety and insurance reasons, no persons under the age of 16 will be allowed in the exhibition area during move-in and move-out. During open exhibition hours, only children over the age of 12 accompanied by an adult will be allowed in the exhibition area.
Any manufacturer or supplier who is not an attendee or sponsor and is observed to be soliciting business in the building will be asked to leave immediately. Unauthorized solicitation at SPIE Medical Imaging is prohibited.
Personal belongings such as briefcases, backpacks, coats, book bags, etc. should not be left unattended in meeting rooms or public areas. These items will be subject to removal by security upon discovery.
Back to Top