Samsung Electronics and Texas Instruments (TI) announce the DLP Pico™ Chipset. The DLP Pico™ chipset is a combination of the DLP Pico™ chip and the DLP Pico™ processor. The new chipset is being used in the Samsung projector phones, the first mobile phones with embedded projection. Paired with a TI OMAP application processor, it can deliver the ultimate mobile user experience. The Samsung phones utilize the TIDLP Pico™ Chipset to remove the limitations of the traditional mobile phone screen by easily providing "big picture" viewing experiences.
With the DLP technology-enabled Samsung projector phones users can now turn what has traditionally been an individual experience into a shared viewing opportunity for mobile content. By projecting content users can easily broaden the viewable image in a matter of seconds for ample screening. Images in excess of 50-inches are possible depending on ambient light conditions.
The new DLP Pico™ solution delivers the following features:
- WVGA (854x480) - Native DVD resolution
- Enables >20% thinner optical module height
- Enables >20% smaller optical module volume
- Incorporates technology advances that increase both brightness and power efficiency
- Enables industry leading contrast ratio of better than 1000:1
- Impressive full RGB color gamut
www.samsung.com or www.dlp.com