The Society offers a small number of student author travel grants to qualifying and selected students who need a supplement to their travel support to present an accepted paper at any SPIE meeting.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an author who will present an accepted paper at an SPIE conference and submit your manuscript to be published in the Proceedings of SPIE
- Not have received SPIE travel funding in the past 12 months
- Have written support from the Conference Chair that your presentation will contribute significant value to the conference. SPIE will request a letter from the Conference Chair on your behalf
- Submit one letter of recommendation from your department head or advisor
- Submit the Student Author Travel Grant Application Form and other required documents no later than 10 weeks prior to the 1st day of the meeting (late applications will not be considered)
If you are an author for SPIE Astronomical Telescopes + Instrumentation 2014, please fill out this application form.
If you are an author for SPIE Optics + Photonics 2014, please fill out this application form.