Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register at the reduced author registration rate, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled (Current IPA Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee).
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting must obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of IPA, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts.
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- SPIE is authorized to circulate your abstract to conference committee members for review and selection purposes.
- Accepted abstracts may be published with the printed Final Programs for distribution at the meeting. Please submit only 250-word abstracts that are suitable for publication.
- Please also submit a 100-word abstract suitable for early release. If accepted, this abstract text will be published prior to the meeting in online or printed programs promoting the conference.
- A full-length manuscript (8-12 pages) for any accepted oral or poster presentation (including keynote, invited, and solicited presentations) will be submitted for publication in the SPIE Digital Library and printed conference Proceedings.
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready.
- Only original material should be submitted.
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons should not be submitted, and will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
3. Submit an abstract
If you have a MySPIE account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of MySPIE can create a new account by clicking on the "Create an Account" link.
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editors for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations.
- Conference Chair/Editors are expected to assess manuscripts for technical merit, suitability of content, and clarity. The process for assessing manuscripts for publication in SPIE proceedings is managed differently by chairs/editors of different conferences. Conference Chair/Editors may require one or more manuscript revisions before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for publication any paper that does not meet content or quality expectations or manuscript requirements. SPIE's decision on whether to publish a manuscript is final.
- Applicants will be notified of abstract acceptance and sent manuscript instructions by e-mail no later than 2 February 2009.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion. Instructions for oral and poster presentations will be sent to the person marked as Contact Author by e-mail.
Proceedings of SPIE and SPIE Digital Library
- Full-manuscripts will be Chair/Editor-approved and published in the Proceedings of SPIE and in SPIE Digital Library.
- Manuscript instructions will be e-mailed to the person marked as contact author for the paper and are also available from the "Information for Authors" link on the conference website.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license. Authors reserve the right to expand and revise the manuscript for future publication.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in the conference Proceedings and SPIE Digital Library.
- Published papers are indexed in leading scientific databases including INSPEC, Ei Compendex, Chemical Abstracts, International Aerospace Abstracts, ISI Index to Scientific and Technical Proceedings and NASA Astrophysical Data System, and are searchable in the SPIE Digital Library. Full manuscripts are available to all SPIE Digital Library subscribers.