Apply now for your Visa!
If you need a travel visa, begin the visa application process now! Advance travel planning and early visa application are important, since visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. See links below for more information about Visa and passport requirements for travel to the US:
US Department of State Visa information home page:
Estimated wait times for interview appointment and visa processing:
Do you think you don't need a Visa? See information for temporary visitors to the United States to find out:
The National Academies Visa information pages:
Letters of Invitation from SPIE
FOR CONFERENCE CHAIRS, TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS, AND AUTHORS: Individuals requiring letters of invitation to obtain travel visas must be listed on a paper or in the program to receive an invitation letter. If you are in the ISOT 2008 program, and are in need of an Official Invitation Letter from SPIE for visa application purposes, please fill out and send SPIE the Invitation Letter Request Form.
- Please fill out a separate form for each person requesting a letter
- Fax completed form to SPIE at 1-360-647-1445
- All letters of invitation will be sent by airmail and by e-mail (as a PDF attachment) unless a courier account number or credit card number with expiration date is provided with the original request
- Please allow up to 15 business days to process your request
- SPIE is not able to contact U.S. Embassies in support of an individual attempting to gain entry to attend an SPIE meeting
- We recommend that you secure your travel visa before registering for the conference as cancellations after the preregistration cutoff can result in a cancellation fee.
**NOTE: We recommend that you secure your travel visa before registering for the conference as cancellations after the preregistration cutoff may result in a cancellation fee.