Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- If accepted for presentation/publication, an author or coauthor will make themselves available for the online conference presentation on 15 October 2008, as scheduled, between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, utilizing a telephone or computer authio connection.
- Authors and coauthors participating in the event will obtain funding for their registration fees, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance
- SPIE is authorized to circulate your abstract to conference committee members for review and selection purposes
- Submit only 250-word abstracts
- If accepted, authors will be required to sign the ENW08 Release Form for their presentation.
- A full-length manuscript (8-12 pages) for any accepted online presentation will be submitted for publication in the SPIE Digital Library and conference Proceedings.
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready
- Only original material should be submitted
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research
3. Review Conferences
- Once you choose a conference and click "submit an abstract," you will be prompted to sign in to the MySPIE system. If you have a MySPIE account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of MySPIE can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link".
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and Proceedings manuscripts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation or publish a manuscript is final.
- The contact author will be notified of abstract acceptance and sent manuscript instructions by e-mail no later than 10 September 2008.
- Final placement is subject to the Chairs' discretion. Instructions for your online presentation will be sent to you by e-mail.
Proceedings of SPIE and SPIE Digital Library
- Full-manuscripts will be Chair/Editor-reviewed and published in the Proceedings of SPIE and in SPIE Digital Library.
- Manuscript instructions will be e-mailed to the contact author and are also available from the "Information for Authors" link on the conference website.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published in the conference Proceedings and SPIE Digital Library.
- Published papers are indexed in leading scientific databases including INSPEC, Ei Compendex, Chemical Abstracts, International Aerospace Abstracts, ISI Index to Scientific and Technical Proceedings and NASA Astrophysical Data System, and are searchable in the SPIE Digital Library. Full manuscripts are available to SPIE Digital Library subscribers.