Join us in Nouméa, New Caledonia for the 6th Asia Pacific Remote Sensing Symposium. This garden city is a harmonious blend of urbanization and nature. An attractive modern capital in the South Pacific: France’s showcase in the region.
New Caledonia is located:
- 2 hours flying time from Australia
- 2½ hours from New Zealand
- 9 hours from Japan
- 14 hours from Los Angeles
- 21 hours from France
- Tontouta International Airport is located approximately 50 km from the city of Noumea.
Find more Travel information click here.
- New Caledonia uses the French Pacific Franc (XPF).
- Travelers cheques in XPF do not exist.
- Visitors to New Caledonia are advised to take some local currency, NZ/Australian/US Dollar travelers cheques or international credit cards.
- If prearranged, funds can also be withdrawn by credit card at ATM machines located in and around Nouméa.
- The Euro exchange in XPF is free of charge.
New Caledonia is described as the land of eternal spring with a year round semi-tropical climate. The wet season is from January to March and according to the statistics it pours more during February. During the cooler season the temperature varies between 20 and 26 degrees Celsius (68-78 degrees Fahrenheit).
Back to top