1. By submitting a full draft paper, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register at the reduced author registration rate, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled(Current SPIE Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee)
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting will obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance
- SPIE is authorized to circulate your full draft paper to conference committee members for review and selection purposes
- Abstracts from accepted papers may be published in printed and web programs promoting the conference.
- A full-length final manuscript (6-12 pages) for any accepted oral or poster presentation will be submitted for publication in the SPIE Digital Library and conference Proceedings CD-ROM.
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready
- Only original material should be submitted
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
- Read and follow the manuscript guidelines
NOTE: The standard SPIE Manuscript Guidelines state that manuscripts should be 8-12 pages, but 6-12 pages will be allowed for ISOT 2008.
3. Submit your full draft paper
Choose the conference you would like to submit to, and click on the conference title to submit your full draft paper. You will be prompted to sign in to the MySPIE system. If you have a MySPIE account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of MySPIE can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link".
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and Proceedings manuscripts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation or publish a manuscript is final.
- The contact author will be notified of acceptance and sent manuscript and final summary instructions by email no later than 22 September 2008.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion. See instructions for oral and poster presentations.
Proceedings of SPIE and SPIE Digital Library
- Full-manuscripts will be Chair/Editor-reviewed and published in the Proceedings of SPIE and in SPIE Digital Library.
- Manuscript instructions will be emailed to the contact author.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published in the conference Proceedings CD-ROM and SPIE Digital Library.
- Published papers are indexed in leading scientific databases including INSPEC, Ei Compendex, Chemical Abstracts, International Aerospace Abstracts, ISI Index to Scientific and Technical Proceedings and NASA Astrophysical Data System, and are searchable in the SPIE Digital Library. Full manuscripts are available to SPIE Digital Library subscribers.