Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register at the reduced author registration rate, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled (Current SPIE Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee).
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting will obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts.
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- For technical review purposes, please submit a text abstract no longer than 250 words that is suitable for publication. Accepted abstracts may be published with the printed Technical Program for distribution at the meeting.
- Please also submit a 100-word text abstract suitable for early release. If accepted, this abstract text will be published prior to the meeting in the online or printed programs promoting the conference.
- A 2-page summary (during submission of your abstract, in step 6 of the SPIE.org submission wizard, upload a 2-page summary of your work. Accepted file types are: .docx, .doc, .rtf, .ps, .prn, .pdf).
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready.
- Only original material should be submitted.
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research. Prepare a 2-page summary.
- Commercial abstracts,abstracts with no new research/development content, and abstracts where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
3. Submit your abstract online:
- On the conference Call for Papers page (http://spie.org/BPJ/conferencedetails/biophotonics) click the "Submit an abstract" link.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the SPIE.org system and follow the submission wizard. If you have a an SPIE.org account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of SPIE.org can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link".
- Follow the submission wizard and input your co-authors, 100-word and 250-word text abstracts. Upload your 2-page summary.
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. The Conference Chairs and Committee reserve the right to reject for presentation any abstract that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation is final.
- The Contact Author will be notified of abstract acceptance by e-mail no later than 20 July 2015.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion.