Congratulations on being accepted as a poster presenter! The poster session maximizes your opportunity to interact with Symposium participants.
Please read the following guidelines and information before you begin to create your poster presentation. Give considerable thought to the design and presentation of your poster to make sure that it stands out as an attractive and informative presentation. You want to be certain that the 'reader' of the poster comes away with a clear understanding of your research.
- Display area: 45 inches x 45 inches. Push pins will be provided to hang your poster.
- Posters presentations are hard-copy (paper/poster) format only. No additional equipment will be accommodated.
- Posters must fit within the designated space listed above.
- The most successful and attractive posters are graphically-produced posters that highlight and summarize the main points, with the poster presenter filling in the details
- The least effective poster format is a photocopy of the manuscript.
Your poster presentation should include:
- The paper title and all authors at the top of the poster.
- A brief introduction, goals, experimental detail, conclusions, and references (make sure this information is presented in a logical and clear sequence).
- Explanations for graphs, pictures, and tables.
- Title: 36 point type
- List of authors: 25 point type
- Double-spaced text: 15 point type
- The entire poster layout should be readable from six to ten feet away
- Be careful in your use of colors, some people are red-green color blind and some colors do not stand out in contrast to others.
- See the conference Technical Program for information about when to set up your poster.
- Posters must be set up 1/2 hour before the poster session, or the poster will be considered a no-show and your manuscript will not be published.
- A poster author or coauthor is required to stand by the poster during the scheduled poster session to answer questions from attendees.
- It is your responsibility to remove your poster at the end of the session.
- Posters not removed will be considered unwanted and will be discarded.