Maryellen L. Giger, University of Chicago
SPIE is pleased to announce the launch of the Journal of Medical Imaging (JMI). Submissions are now being accepted. Publication will begin in 2014. Read the press release.
The Journal of Medical Imaging (JMI) covers fundamental and translational research and applications focused on medical imaging, which continue to yield physical and biomedical advancements in the early detection, diagnostics, and therapy of disease as well as in the understanding of normal.
The scope of JMI includes:
- Imaging physics
- Tomographic reconstruction algorithms (such as those in CT and MRI)
- Image processing
- Computer-aided diagnosis and quantitative image analysis
- Visualization and modeling
- Picture archiving and communications systems (PACS)
- Image perception and observer performance
- Technology assessment
- Ultrasonic imaging
- Image-guided procedures
- Digital pathology
- Biomedical applications of biomedical imaging
JMI allows for the peer-reviewed communication and archiving of scientific developments, translational and clinical applications, reviews, and recommendations for the field.
||Introduction to the Journal of Medical Imaging from the Editor-in-Chief, Maryellen Giger.
Special Section Calls for Papers
Facts and Figures
Frequency: Quarterly (4 issues per year)
Format: Online and print
Contact the Journal of Medical Imaging staff at:
P.O. Box 10
Bellingham, WA 98227-0010 USA
tel: +1 360 676 3290
fax: +1 360 647 1445