SPIE eBooks brings 229 valuable SPIE Press titles - monographs and reference works, field guides, and tutorial texts - to researchers' desktops on the same user-friendly SPIE Digital Library platform as SPIE Proceedings and SPIE Journals. At least 25 new titles and editions will be added to this collection each year.
Every research and teaching institution that has a significant involvement in optics and photonics technologies should provide SPIE eBooks to its community.
Features of SPIE eBooks include
- At least 25 new SPIE Press books and editions published first as SPIE eBooks each year
- Unlimited simultaneous use of eBooks by individuals affiliated with subscribing organizations
- Content provided as page images (PDFs) at the chapter level
- Stable links to facilitate use in e-reserves and courseware systems
- Chapter-level downloading and printing
- No digital rights management
- MARC records available from SPIE (free) and as an OCLC set
- Integrated searching with SPIE Proceedings and SPIE Journals
- Open access to all book front matter and back matter
- Chapters available for purchase by individuals
- Interlibrary Loan allowed
PURCHASE OPTIONS: (Most academic institutions are priced as single sites.)
Option 1: Annual Subscription for a Single Site
- 2016 price of $1,850 for new SPIE eBooks subscribers.
- Post-cancellation perpetual access via DVD of PDF files and Portico for content published during the subscription term. No back content rights.
Option 2: One-time Purchase with Perpetual Access to the Full Collection for a Single Site
- 2016 price of $14,635 for new purchases for all content.
- 2016 price of $1,850 for 2015 purchasers of the full collection (renewing subscribers).
- Post-cancellation perpetual access to purchased content on the SPIE Digital Library platform for a modest annual platform fee. A DVD of PDF files and/or Portico access is also available.
Multi-site pricing available on request.
For more information, click on the following links:
Frequently Asked Questions about SPIE eBooks
SPIE eBook Titles
SPIE eBooks MARC records