SPIE eBooks brings 260+ valuable SPIE Press titles - monographs and reference works, field guides, and tutorial texts - to researchers' desktops on the same user-friendly SPIE Digital Library platform as SPIE Proceedings and SPIE Journals. At least 25 new titles and editions are added to this collection each year, and an additional 22 previously printed SPIE print books will be digitized and added in 2017.
Every research and teaching institution that has a significant involvement in optics and photonics technologies should provide SPIE eBooks to its community.
Features of SPIE eBooks include
- At least 25 new SPIE Press books and editions published first as SPIE eBooks each year
- Unlimited simultaneous use of eBooks by individuals affiliated with subscribing organizations
- Content provided as page images (PDFs) at the chapter level
- Stable links to facilitate use in e-reserves and courseware systems
- Chapter-level downloading and printing
- No digital rights management
- MARC records available from SPIE (free) and as an OCLC set
- Integrated searching with SPIE Proceedings and SPIE Journals
- Open access to all book front matter and back matter
- Chapters available for purchase by individuals
- Interlibrary Loan allowed
PURCHASE OPTIONS: (Most academic institutions are priced as single sites.)
Option 1: Annual Subscription for a Single Site
- 2017 price of $1,945 for new SPIE eBooks subscribers.
- Post-cancellation perpetual access via DVD of PDF files and Portico for content published during the subscription term. No back content rights.
Option 2: One-time Purchase with Perpetual Access to the Full Collection for a Single Site
- 2017 price of $15,365 for new purchases for all content.
- Post-cancellation perpetual access to purchased content on the SPIE Digital Library platform for a modest annual platform fee. A DVD of PDF files and/or Portico access is also available.
Multi-site pricing available on request.
For more information, click on the following links:
Frequently Asked Questions about SPIE eBooks
SPIE eBook Titles
SPIE eBooks MARC records