Proceedings of SPIE offer access to the latest innovations in research and technology and are among the most cited references in patent literature.
The original research papers presented at SPIE conferences are available 2 to 4 weeks after the conferences in the SPIE Digital Library.
Present, publish, and promote your research with the Proceedings of SPIE
Present your research at an SPIE conference and reach your community:
- Select from 350 SPIE conferences on optics and photonics worldwide
- Connect with other researchers and industry representatives
- Share your research, results, and ideas
- Develop relationships with potential collaborators, employers, and funders
- Expand your knowledge in related fields of research
Publish your research in the conference Proceedings:
- Make your presentation available to those who heard your work and want to contact you, missed your presentation and want to learn about your research, or are seeking to understand your research more fully
- Disseminate your research in a form that suits your needs
- Proceedings of SPIE are published promptly, indexed, easily found, cited, and available to researchers worldwide
Promote your research worldwide through the SPIE Digital Library:
- The go-to resource in the key enabling technologies of optics and photonics
- Includes over 440,000 papers, growing by 18,000 a year
- 4.4 million visits and 5.2 million downloads in 2015 from researchers worldwide
- Serves the expanding interdisciplinary fields of micro- and nano-technologies, defense and industrial sensing, lasers and electro-optics, biomedical optics and imaging, optical system design, solar and alternative energy, and electronic imaging
- The home for highly innovative and emerging fields, from neurophotonics to laser additive manufacturing
The unique value of Proceedings of SPIE
Presenting and publishing your research in Proceedings of SPIE has mutliple professional and business benefits. Read The Value of Proceedings white paper for a comprehensive discussion.
Proceedings of SPIE are uniquely valuable as they are used by researchers worldwide, and lead in patent cites among optics and photonics collections. They frequently rank among the 50 most used serials, out of 50,000 analyzed by Ex Libris. If it is ready for journal publication, your proceedings paper can be submitted with minimal or no revision for consideration in the relevant SPIE journal.
Indexed and accessible
SPIE works with relevant scientific databases to enable researchers to find Proceedings of SPIE. They are indexed in Web of Science, Scopus, Ei Compendex, Inspec, Google Scholar, Astrophysical Data System (ADS), DeepDyve, ReadCube, CrossRef, and other scholarly indexes, and are widely accessible to leading research organizations, conference attendees, and individual researchers.
In addition to proceedings of SPIE-sponsored conferences, SPIE provides publishing services to other organizations that hold conferences relevant to optics and photonics. Learn more about SPIE Conference Content Services.