Currently I am working as a Scientific Officer in Infrared Astronomy Group of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, INDIA.
Position Held: 2006 – present Scientific Officer
• Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of optical instruments like telescopes, and imager etc. using
Zemax Optical Design software; its thermal modeling and tolerance analysis at the end.
• Solidworks sketching for required mechanical assemblies.
• Fiber Optic handling, polishing and FRD test using laser etc.
• Spectral and Electrical Characterization of Near and Far Infrared Photometer.
• Infrared Filter Characterization using Fourier Transform Far Infrared Spectrometer.
• Specification and procurement of required opto-mechanical components.
• Supervision of graduate students for their laboratory work.
1996 -- 2006 Scientific Assistant
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, INDIA
Infrared Astronomy Group, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Cryogenics, Vacuum and Opics related to Infrared photometer and spectrographs.
• Optical Design Using Zemax (Optima-Research, UK)
• K-508 Miniature Cryocooler integration training (4 days training in INDIA).
• Optical Design Software: Zemax
• Mechanical Design Software: SolidWorks Basics
• Common Software: MS Office (all components)
• Operating System: MS Windows
Presentation: Presentation and reports at professional standards.
Languages: English, Kannada, Tulu, Hindi, Marathi.
• Opto-Mechanics, Precision Mechanics and Solar optics.
• Yoga, Spirituality and Meditation.
• History (especially science and machinery)