* B.Sc., Physics, Kuwait University.
* M.Sc., Lasers and their Applications, University of Essex, England.
* M.S., Applied Optics, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, U.S.A.
Thesis Title: "Studies of wavelength-dependent loss effects in optical fibers and sensors".
* M.S., Analytical Chemistry, Purdue University-Indianapolis, U.S.A.
* M.S., Engineering Management, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, U.S.A.
• Worked for Beckman Coulter, Inc., Corning, Inc., Rolls-Royce Corp. and Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research.
Optical/laser engineer and analytical chemist with background in the following areas:
• New product design, development and testing.
• Development of products servicing the biotechnology, telecom and aerospace markets.
• Development of imaging, non-imaging, free-space, fiber-optics based, and coherent and incoherent light
source-based optical systems.
• Development of CW and pulsed lasers and laser amplifier systems.
• Laser beam diagnostics.
• Fiber-optic measurements, instrumentation and sensors.
• Optical spectroscopy instrumentation and measurements.
• Lens design and tolerance analysis.
• Optical systems modeling and computational optics.
• Geometrical, physical, Gaussian and Fourier optics calculations.
• Alignment techniques.
• Optical thin-film coatings.
• Laser interferometry.
• Extensive hands-on experience with UV-VIS-S/M/LWIR laser systems, imagers and optical instrumentation.
• Wet chemistry.
• Statistical data analysis.
• Image and signal analysis.
• SW skills: Zemax, Matlab, Mathematica and ImageJ.
• Generation of intellectual property.
• Technical management.
• Contribution to several commercial products: LEDs-based multimode microplate reader, imaging spectrometer-based system for qPCR fluorescence intensity detection, Coulter particles counter, high-resolution imaging system used in lab centrifuges, excimer laser angioplasty system, EDFAs, WDMs and VOAs.
GRANTED PATENTS: 4.