My research focuses on improving the performance of existing multi-stage Data Vortex (DV) optical interconnection network which has been demonstrated in the literature. During the course of my research, we have proposed
1. Reverse Data Vortex (RDV) Network, where in a new data flow model has been proposed to overcome the excessive delay manifested in the DV network. The proposed architecture results in 50% improvement in latency, measured through the reduction in number of hops in comparison to the existing network
2. Bi-directional Data Vortex (BDV) Network, a novel approach which converts the existing the uni-directional DV network to allow data flow from both sides of the network, without compromising on the DV network’s characteristics.
3. 4x4 Optical Data Vortex (4x4 ODV) Network, which increases the number of redundant paths in the existing network. This new architecture improves fault tolerance and reliability in comparison to the existing Data Vortex network architecture.
Three patents from the above research work have been filed with Indian and U.S Patent Organization.
Awards and Recognitions:
• Served as a reviewer for Springer (Photonics Network Communication), IEEE conferences
• Invention award for a design of Reverse Data Vortex optical Interconnection switch given by Intellectual Ventures
• Invention award for a design of Bi-directional Data Vortex optical Interconnection switch given by Intellectual Ventures
• Awarded Best Paper Presentation at ISTE’s “National Conference for Research Scholar “held at Bannariyamman institute of technology, Sathyamangalam, Tamilnadu in Feb 2006
• Awarded Best Paper Presentation at ISTE’s “National Conference for Research Scholar on Applications of Emerging Technologies” held at Adhiyaman College, Hosur, Tamil Nadu in March 2005
• Ranked 3rd in the University at the end of the course, ME (Computer & Communication) (2005)
• Ranked 1st in the University during the Second Semester of ME (Computer & Communication) (2004)