Dr. Qi Hua Fan group
Project Title: Photonic crystal Biosensor
- Fabry Perot Etalon Biosensors
• Model micro cavity PhC using the Macleod Software
• Design and fabricate Ag thin film based PhC sensors
• Test PhC sensors for blood with different glucose levels.
- Modified Fabry Perot Etalon
• Modify micro cavity sensors with SiO2 protective layers
• Develop theoretical model for modified micro-cavityPHCs
• Improve hydrophilic surface
• Identification and deposition and testing active layers
Research Interest(s): Modeling, simulation, fabrication and characterization of semiconductor low-dimensional electronic, micro/nano photonics, photovoltaic devices and bio-entities interaction with nanostructures, Plasma Science, Thin Film Optics, Energy Storage, Renewable Energy.
Appointments & Positions:
Graduate Student (GRA) (2015 - contd.)
Dr Qi Hua Fan’s Group
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, SDSU
Brookings, SD, 57007, USA
Graduate Teaching Assistantship (2015 – 2016)
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department
South Dakota State University (SDSU)
Brookings, SD 57007, USA
Course: Basic Electrical Engineering (EE 300L), Fabrication Lab (EE 462L).
Academic Awards/ Honors Received
1. Achieved 1st class 1st in 2nd year 2nd term in undergraduate
2. KUET Technical Scholarship
3. “Romiz Uddin Mollah Srity Trust” Scholarship
4. Scholarship from “Ziaur Rahman Foundation”
Workshops, Training and Symposium
1. 3rd Annual Sanford Health-SDSU Biolomedical Research Symposium to present a poster titled “Active Fabry-Perot Optical Bio-Sensors”
2. Presented Paper in ICECE 2014
3. Workshop on 132/33kv sub-transmission network analysis by Windmill
Software, 26-28 April 2011(arranged by REB).