2004 - Present. Researcher, Optical design, INO, Quebec, QC, Canada.
Optical design and tolerancing of various optical and optomechanical assemblies, use of Zemax software. Design work and simulations on the SCUBA-2 polarimeter and on the SCUBA-2 Imaging Fourier Transform Spectrometer that will be used on the JWST telescope. Design of the imaging optics and integration and qualification of the space qualified thermal imaging cameras (Aquarius SAC/D – NIRST) . Design of various imaging and illuminating devices.
2002 – 2004. Principal Optical Engineer, UK Astronomy Technology Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Design and tolerancing of the field corrector and of the filters plane on the 4 meters VISTA telescope for astronomical surveys in the infrared, located at Paranal, Chile.
1996 – 2002. Optical engineer, EXFO Electro-optical Engineering, Quebec, QC, Canada.
Design, prototyping and characterisation of fibre optics testing equipment, mainly Michelson interferometers (bulk and fibered), femtosecond PMD and polarization state test equipment, and other equipment related to chromatic and polarization mode dispersion. Training of the production team members for mass production of those devices. Prototyping and characterisation of wavelength meters (with gratings). Responsible for the laser certification (CRDH, IEC).
Fields of interest:
- Development of astronomic and space qualified instruments and testing equipments
- Optical design using Zemax
- Project management
- Design and prototyping of imaging and illuminating devices
- Design and prototyping of free space beam propagation and fibered devices
- Design and prototyping of interferometers, Fourier transform spectrometers and wavelength meters with gratings
- Design of polarimeters
- Training of production teams for mass production of sensitive and complex measuring devices