Senior-level Optical / Laser Systems Engineering, Metrology and Technology Development professional with progressive experience and track record of accomplishments in semiconductor / microelectronics / display / solar / industrial sectors.
• Hands-on experience with design, development and implementation of high-precision laser-based optical systems and processes from concept phase through prototype design to production and customer acceptance including: KLA-Tencor wafer pattern metrology; SVG and ASML DUV lithography; nLine digital holography wafer defect inspection; ConSemi photomask repair, failure analysis of IC chips with laser spectroscopy (LIBS); Fonon laser glass cutting and marking, solar photovoltaic (PV) Si wafer dicing, thin-film PV cell scribing, ITO removal; Laser Photonics metal cutting, marking.
• Technical proficiency and broad knowledge in high-tech Optical and Laser-based Systems Design, Engineering, Integration and Laser Process Technology Development.
• Market research and analysis. Development of IP, project and grant proposals, writing papers, presentations. Authored over 10 technical papers and hold several patents.
• Hands-on experience with DUV-VIS-IR, femtosecond, mode-locked, Q-switched pulsed to CW lasers including solid-state: Nd:YAG/YLF/YVO, Ti-Sapphire, diode, fiber; and gas lasers: Excimer, CO2, Ar+
• Design, test, metrology and alignment of optical modules, components, samples; experience with interferometry, holography, ellipsometry, spectroscopy, spectrophotometry, polarimetry, scatterometry, microscopy.
• Expertise in laser-matter interactions including solid and thin film metals; polymers, glasses, metal-organics.
• Technical management experience leading R&D and engineering teams in development of new instrumentation, equipment, and technologies. Experience with personnel, project, and vendor management.
• New Product and Technology Design, Development, Introduction, Integration and Transfer to Manufacturing.