Born: Israel, 1937.
B.Sc: 1964, EE.
M.Sc: 1967, EE.
Dipl Ing: 1970, EE.
D.Sc: 1972, EE
All from Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa Israel.
1973-2007: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering(ECE), Ben-Gurion University (B.G.U), Beer-Sheva, Israel. Professor.
2007-Present: Professor Emeritus, at ECE Department, BGU, continued activities.
Research: Semiconductor based solid state electronic/optoelectronic materials and devices:
• Invention-practical two-terminal and multi-terminal efficient integrated silicon light-emitting devices (Si-LEDs) using conventional IC technology for fabrication of on-chip, low operating voltage, all silicon monolithic optoelectronic systems
• Developing ITO/InP and gallium arsenide photovoltaic devices.
• Reflectivity properties of ion-implanted silicon, for experimentally determining the dose for crystal to amorphus transition.
• C.V.D.of Ge-Si hetroepitaxial structures.
• Developing new methods for spectral tuning of commercial LEDs.
• Over 200 scientific publications (journals,conferences,patents);
• Four conference invited papers and a plenary paper.
Sabbaticals: Over 13 years in universities and research institutions in the U.S.A, Japan, South Africa, Canada, and Belgium.
• U.S NRC-NASA award for research 1979/80 at the JPL, Pasadena, California, USA.
• Seven teaching awards at B.G.U, and an “Esteemed Teacher” citation from the Students' Association at B.G.U.
• Distinguished Research Professor, Rand Afrikaans University, 1990.
• B.G.U prize for research contributions in applied electronics. 1998.
• Supervised a research and co-authored a student paper that received the “Young Researcher Award” (SSDM 2000 conference, Japan).
• Fellow - American Physical Society (APS), 2007.
• Fellow – Institute of Physics (IOP), 2005.
• Fellow – Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), 2003.
• Senior Member- IEEE 1999. IEEE Distinguished Lecturer (2003).
• Member - SPIE, 2004.