26 years of experience in R&D with strong expertise in Optical Free Space Communication, Fiber Optics (Optical Network Architecture, WDM technology, EDFAs, 10Gbps transmission) and with EE background (Digital and analog design, ASICs, system architecture).
14 issued patents.
• (2003 / Present) Senior Principal Scientist/Chief Engineer at NovaSol (HI): Led the development of the very successful NovaSol family of Optical Free Space Communication Interrogators. As the Principal investigator for a HTDV (Hawaii Technology Development Venture) project, led the development of a small form factor 8W EDFA (2005).
• (Jun/Aug 02), Consulting for Phaethon Communications (CA).
• (1997/2002), Senior Research Engineer at Tellabs Operations, Inc (NY): In January 1997, with 10 other members of the IBM Research team, which was working under the direction of Paul Green on WDM technology, launched the Tellabs Optical Networking group and the development of the Titan 7100 Optical Transport System.
Led the team who designed the EDFA (Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier) subsystem, and in 2000 launched and led the Advanced Technology group.
Demonstrated in the lab 10Gbps over more than 225km on SMF28 without dispersion compensation using Duo-binary modulation.
• (1994/97), Research Staff Member at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center (NY): Contributed to the general activity of the Advanced Optical Networking department on WDM tech-nology, and in particular designed EDFAs for DWDM.
Built a dense multi-wavelength source in order to evaluate the Four Wave Mixing in different opti-cal fibers (result published at OFC 97).
• (1982/94), Hardware engineer at IBM La Gaude R&D Laboratory (La Gaude, France): Laboratory specialized in the development of Telecommunication products.
• (1980/81), Hardware Engineer at ELA Medical (Montrouge, France): Designed analog and digital ASICs for pacemakers.
• (1979/80), Physics Teacher at the Institut Supérieur d’Electronique de Paris (ISEP), (Paris, France),