Dr. D.A.Rogatkin, Ph.D., Sci. Dr. of Russian Academy of Science, is a specialist on medical physics, excluding physics of ionizing radiation. Main areas of scientific interest are:
- Lasers in medicine;
- Laser light interaction with biotissues;
- Light scattering and diffraction in turbid media;
- Noninvasive laser diagnostics in medicine;
- New Laser Medical Equipment Design and Construction;
- New physical methods of medical diagnostics;
- Placebo component of the therapeutic effect;
- Neuro-algorithms and Computers in medicine;
- Robots in medicine.
From Jan. 2009 Dr. D.Rogatkin is a scientific head of the special created new MedPhys Research Laboratory of Moscow Regional Research and Clinical Institute "MONIKI" named after M.F.Vladimirskiy. It is the first laboratory of the medical physics of nonionizing radiation in practical medical organization in Russia.