Davide Gadia received his M.Sc. (2003) and Ph.D. (2007) in Computer Science from the University of Milan. Currently he is assistant professor at Department of Computer Science at University of Milan.
His research interests concern mainly the application of visual perception principles in Image Processing, Digital Photography, Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality fields. He is also interested in the processing of stereoscopic images and videos, and in the analysis of perceptual issues in the interaction with Virtual Environments.
He is involved in the research activities of the Pong Laboratory and of the Virtual Theater, an advanced VR visualization system installed at the University of Milan.
Since April 2014, he is member of the Program Commitee of Stereoscopic Displays and Application Conference.
He has been the coordinator of the following research projects:
- 2010-2012: PRIN 2008 "Perceiving and acting in immersive virtual environments" (coordinator of Research Unit UNIMI)
- 2009-2010: “Visualization in Virtual Reality environments of photorealistic scenario based on illuminotectic data and measures - Urban Environments case study”, financed by ENEA
- 2008-2009: “Visualization in Virtual Reality environments of photorealistic scenario based on illuminotectic data and measures”, financed by ENEA
Since 2007, he has reviewed papers for:
- Springer Journal Signal Image and Video Processing
- Journal of Virtual Reality and Broadcasting
- Journal of IS&T Image Science and Technology
- SPIE Optical Engineering
- SPIE Journalof Electronic Imaging
- IEEE ICIP
- IS&T CGIV
- National Conferences of the Gruppo del Colore (Italian Color Group)
He is member of ACM, IS&T, SPIE, and Vicepresident and member of the Board of Directors of the Gruppo del Colore - Associazione Italiana Colore (Italian Color Group).
In 2014, he has been the Coordinator of Italian CIE Division 8: Image Technology.