1. Semiconductor physics including theoretical design, modeling, and simulation;
2. Semiconductor material growth or synthesis technique, such as Molecular Beam Epitaxy, Sputtering, Thermal Vapor Deposition, Electron Beam Deposition, Pulse Laser Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Bath Deposition, Vapor-Solid-Liquid method etc.
3. Semiconductor Devices Design, Fabrication, and Applications including Lasers, Detectors, Solar Cells, Thermo-electric Devices, Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor etc.
4. Low-dimensional and Nano-material synthesis technologies including Chemical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Bath Deposition, VLS method, MBE method, Sol-Gel method etc.
5. Nano-Structured Devices including High Speed Electronic Devices like Transistors etc.; and Optoelectronic Devices, such as Nano-lasers, Nano-Sensors, and Solar cells etc.