The SPIE Digital Library and the SPIE Newsroom are two great sources for photonics research. Using the most recent data available, here is a selection of the most frequently downloaded papers on the Digital Library and the most read articles on the Newsroom.
SPIE Digital Library 4th Quarter 2007
1. "Imaging system performance based upon Fλ/d," Gerald C. Holst, Opt. Eng. 46, 103204 (2007).
2. "Optical brain imaging in vivo: techniques and applications from animal to man," Elizabeth M. C. Hillman, J. Biomed. Opt. 12, 051402 (2007).
3. "Evaluation of standard watermarking techniques," Enrico Marini, Florent Autrusseau, Patrick Le Callet, and Patrizio Campisi, Proc. SPIE 6505, 65050O (2007).
4. "Optical coherence tomography: a review of clinical development from bench to bedside," Adam M. Zysk, Freddy T. Nguyen, Amy L. Oldenburg, Daniel L. Marks, and Stephen A. Boppart, J. Biomed. Opt. 12, 051403 (2007).
5. "Embeddable sensor for corrosion measurement," Robert G. Kelly, J. Yuan, Stephen H. Jones, W. Wang, K. Hudson, A. Sime, O. Schneider, and Gerardo G. Clemena, Proc. SPIE 3587, 16 (1999).
6. "Overview of three-dimensional shape measurement using optical methods," Frank Chen, Gordon M. Brown, and Mumin Song, Opt. Eng. 39, 10 (2000).
7. "A litho-only approach to double patterning," A. Vanleenhove and D. Van Steenwinckel, Proc. SPIE 6520, 65202F (2007).
8. "Deterring watermark collusion attacks using signal processing techniques," Aweke N. Lemma and Michiel van der Veen, Proc. SPIE 6505, 65050M (2007).
9. "Parameter extraction from simple electrical measurements on surface micromachined cantilevers," Somashekara Bhat and Enakshi Bhattacharya, J. Micro/Nanolith. MEMS MOEMS 6, 043013 (2007).
10. "Four-mirror anastigmats, part 1: a complete solution set for all-spherical telescopic systems," Andrew Rakich, Opt. Eng. 46, 103001 (2007).
SPIE Newsroom February 2008
1. "Tiny treatments promise big results," by Siân Harris
2. "Novel biosensors from photonic crystals," by Brian Cunningham
3. High-power LEDs and solid-state lighting: a video interview with Mike Krames
4. "March of the metamaterials," by Sunny Bains
5. "Unique nanotube composites constructed for organic solar cells," by Somenath Mitra and Cheng Li
6. "Polymers show versatility in organic solar cells," by Chris McNeill
7. "Hyperspectral imaging at the speed of light," by Andrew Bodkin
8. "Infrared digital holographic imaging," by Pietro Ferraro, Lisa Miccio, Simonetta Grilli, Riccardo Meucci, Sergio De Nicola, and Paul Buah-Bassuah
9. "Focusing surface plasmon polariton waves," by Yeshaiahu Fainman
10. "'Starshades' for exoplanet detection and characterization," by Charles F. Lillie, Amy S. Lo, Ronald Polidan, Jonathan Arenberg, and Webster Cash